Monday, November 15, 2010

11/15/2010

Week One
HELLO from CALIFORNIA... Well thats where i think im at it does really seem like it sometimes.... LOTS of Asian where we live but its going good. First off the work here has been kinda hard next door to our church is a huge catholic church i mean 9 buildings worth monster... ajnd everyone goes there or they go to the buddist temple which is the biggest of second biggest in norht america... and so its hard to talk... here is a good story so far.. i know ill have tons more cuz me and my companion (elder thompson) roommates Elder Piper (also a Michigan fan) has a gun in his presence 4 times... so im excited to see one :) but the story now... well from 5-7pm we walk around talk to ppl and knock doors and i was like lets go to that door to i ring the door bell and hear a black lady yell "whoi is it" i replied the missionaries of the church of jesus christ of latter day saints she said go away so i steped sideways so i could look in side and as a i did then black man all "ganstrad out" gets out of the chair and i was thinkimg o no and i was like could i leave a card and she said a selected word from a sailors vocab and followed by no at that point the man was walking towards me and we left quickly... so i know nothing to big but got my heart racing a little.
Well i hope you could follow this story im a teriible writing ill improve... also the new address is
Elder Brian Daniel Carlton
170 W Durate Rd
Arcadia, CA 91007

If you like to write me that would be the best since i am limited to time on the computer... Ill be sending photos home some time next week for the blog i do not remember the address for that but if you text my mother at 6202859216 and yes she will text you back and she is fast but probably faster now... well when i take pics of our apartment and other pics you will be able to see how i roll in the Cali... and im in Haciendia area if anyone whats to look that up on the map ill get a map here and highlight the area and then send it home to get uploaded on the blog... so get excited for the all the things to come... Fun fact for the day. in two days its already been a year I know its crazy but i cant wait to get lost in the work here..

As always i will leave you with a short little something something....
I know Jesus lives and everyone and wants us to return to him and be in Gods presence. I the the gospel of Christ is on the earth today and blesses many lives. I hope my example here will help others to come to know our loving heavenly father and his son Jesus Christ. I Love the gospel I love alll of you I know I will help others come to know Jesus Christ and I will use all my might mind and strenght to help all I can. With love Elder Brian Daniel Carlton

No comments:

Post a Comment